Monday, July 11, 2011

SweetSpot Roundup 7/11


Ghostrunner on First (Blue Jays): Covetous Eyes
No, you can’t have Peter Bourjos. The Braves want him. Well, at least I want him for the Braves.

A nice piece on Greinke, who’s having one of the weirdest seasons in my recent memory.

That’s a very specific title.

View from the Bleachers (Cubs): The Case Against Jim Hendry Part B - Free-Agents
“And if Soriano’s deal ended this season, I’d say it was defensible.  But looking ahead at three more seasons of Soriano’s unmovable albatross of a contract, I think it’s clear the damage Hendry has done outweighs any value he brought back to the team.”

Dodger Thoughts: Crowd Control
"I just want to keep drawing more attention at this," Arietta said. "Frank comes out and says, 'I just keep doing this for the best interests for the community.' Does he not see what's going on?"


Whenever it comes time for trades, I never really know who to suggest because I don’t know A) who the team being traded with wants and B) how highly the giving team actually values the player. Thus, this post is a good one.

Three very plausible second-half scenarios and what the Mets should do if they encounter those situations.

Crashburn Alley (Phillies): Just a Reminder
I was going to use the one about the Braves not using their best reliever in a crucial situation, but it hurt too much.

Baseball Time in Arlington (Rangers): A Few Final Thoughts After the Fall
A good post about a tough situation.

Sometimes I get a little worked up and excited about prospects, but this is a thoughtful argument about how they may not be the best idea when you’re trying to win.

Firebrand of the AL (Red Sox): When an 18-Wheeler Gets Rollin’
Don’t let Dan Wheeler pitch against lefties. You would have thought the Red Sox would have known that.

I’m not convinced that Willis is going to actually help, but it’s a nice story nonetheless.

Blake Street Bulletin (Rockies): Rockies feast on bad teams and starve against good teams; playoffs unlikely

That’s not a fun headline to write.


Tommy Hanson. No, I’m not bitter that the Braves’ best pitcher isn’t there. Not at all.

No comments: